Wednesday, July 5


Under construction on my desk are the beginnings of a pastel piece based on a work by William Bouguereau (probably my favorite artist) of the Madona and Child with St. John the baptist. It still has a long way to go ….
Our friends have a great devotion to St. John, I really like the original by W.B., and I needed something to work on before I attempt a more important project.
I love the symbolism of Christ’s arms outstretched and St. John’s devotion. And any picture with our Lady well portrayed is a favorite of mine.

5 comments:

Ria said...

I really like it, great job.

mystical_rose84 said...

Thanks - I hope to post soon on how the project is coming along ;-) I think I will turn it into a pastel piece.

Disciple said...

I like it.

mystical_rose84 said...

Thanks Disciple :)

Disciple said...

:)